Employment Law

Employment Law Questions? Ask an Employment Lawyer.

Employment Law

I have been on disability for 8 years and will not be able…

Customer Question
I have been on...

I have been on disability for 8 years and will not be able to work again. I also collect less than 2,000 a year on oil leases. Do I need to pay income tax on them?

Lawyer's Assistant: Have you discussed this with a manager or HR? Or with a lawyer?

No

Lawyer's Assistant: Are you an "at will" employee? Do you belong to a union?

No I don't work

Submitted: 2 months ago.Category: Employment Law
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call.
Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
12/20/2017
Employment Lawyer: Legal Eagle, Lawyer replied 2 months ago
Legal Eagle, Lawyer

Hello! I am a licensed attorney, admitted to practice in state and federal court. I have a nearly 100% satisfaction rating (click here for more info) so all that means is that you can count on me to help today. Because I want to provide you with the most accurate answer possible, do you mind if I take a moment to review your question?

Please keep in mind that our conversation does not include an attorney-client relationship and this is for general information purposes only.

Thanks so much for your patience. At the risk of being too short with an answer, the answer to your question is yes, you need to pay income taxes on the money that you receive from the oil leases. What other questions did you have for me regarding this?

Tina, Lawyer