Employment Law

Employment law questions? Ask an employment lawyer.

When my wife gave me divorce papers, I agreed to split my…

Customer Question
When my...

When my wife gave me divorce papers, I agreed to split my pension with her. That was with a company I worked for before before we married, I is any way for me to get that back.

Lawyer's Assistant: Have you discussed this with a manager or HR? Or with a lawyer?

So far you are the only one, I have very low income.

Lawyer's Assistant: Are you an "at will" employee? Do you belong to a union?

I think I am "at will " I think . I am not a member of a union

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

Just do I have a case?

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: Employment Law
12/19/2017
Employment Lawyer: Loren, Lawyer replied 8 months ago
Loren, Lawyer

Thank you for using JA. I am Loren, a licensed attorney for over 30 yrs., and I am here to help.

I am a certified expert on JustAnswer since 2009, with nearly 100% in 5 star ratings. So, we should be able to work through your problem.

I appreciate your patience as I review your question. I will post my response shortly.

This is general information and no attorney client relationship is established.

The site may ask you if you wish to speak by phone for an extra charge. Many find the phone call to be the easiest and fastest way to get the information they need without posting on a public forum. I am also happy to continue online.

There may be a slight delay in my replies as I am assisting other JA customers also. I will reply to your follow up questions.

WHILE WE ARE CHATTING DO NOT CLICK ON THE BUTTON TO REQUEST A SECOND OPINION. IT WILL LOCK ME OUT OF THE CHAT AND PREVENT ME FROM REPLYING TO YOU.

Is there anything in writing regarding the pension split? Did the court issue a QDRO?

Was this just a discussion between you and your ex?

Let me get my ducks in a row I will be in touch

Ok