Employment Law

Employment law questions? Ask an employment lawyer.

I work for the air force and I am a hearing Impaired

Customer Question
I work for the...

I work for the air force and I am a hearing Impaired supervisor

Lawyer's Assistant: Because employment law varies from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?

I work in tucson arizona davis monthan afb

Lawyer's Assistant: Is the employment agreement "at will," union, full time or part time?

Full time I am a supervisor and in the non bargaining class

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

I am 69 very deaf, denied accommodations or given limited accommodations, cannot get promoted and given a CDI which at the end could be handled by my supervisor and given a 5 day suspension after my complaint was filed formally

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Employment Law
12/19/2017
Employment Lawyer: Legal Eagle, Lawyer replied 7 months ago
Legal Eagle, Lawyer

Hello! I am a licensed attorney, admitted to practice in state and federal court. I have a nearly 100% satisfaction rating (click here for more info) so all that means is that you can count on me to help today.

Please keep in mind that our conversation does not include an attorney-client relationship and this is for general information purposes only. What specific questions did you have? I have an idea about your situation, but I don’t want to make any assumptions.

I received a settlement order from the AJ and I am representing myself. I have filed a number of complaints against the agency way back in 1991. When the last full time interpreter left 4 years ago, I have been without an interpreter for some time on and off. the agency thinks I do not need a full time interpreter, and what supervisor doesn't need to communicate. When I was issued a CDI I was placed in a cubical and I was humiliated as the only supervisor to be treated that way for 8-9 months of doing practically nothing, no communications no meetings absolutely humiliating then suspend me 5 days without pay on a technicality that my supervisor could handle. How do I go about this settlement?

I'm sorry to hear about that. Could you describe for me what the settlement order says?