Employment Law

Employment Law Questions? Ask an Employment Lawyer.

Employment Law

I think I might have been injured by a state or county

Customer Question
Hi. I think I...

Hi. I think I might have been injured by a state or county agency that went to my employer who, in turn, started bullying me. Was wondering if anyone knows about violations of the ADA, employment and abuse of a possible agency.

Lawyer's Assistant: Because employment law varies from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?

PA

Lawyer's Assistant: Is the employment agreement "at will," union, full time or part time?

I don't know. I am no longer employed at the company.

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

I think there might be negligence & abuse by a state agency

Lawyer's Assistant: What can I say?

What?

Lawyer's Assistant: What can I say?

To whom?

Submitted: 2 months ago.Category: Employment Law
12/19/2017
Employment Lawyer: Infolawyer, Lawyer replied 2 months ago
Infolawyer, Lawyer

Hello and welcome. I am working on your answer and will be right back!

was a duty to you breached resulting in injury or financial loss?

I believe so. The employer did not know that my boss was using inappropriate sexual gestures, comments and harassing myself (and potentially other coworkers) until I spoke up. The employer was also unaware that I was protected under the ADA for my medical condition which was passed in 2008.
On review of your facts, you have a good case.You want to prepare your case by creating a time line starting from the earliest event. For each event, write down key details and witnesses and if there is a document that relates to it, save it and refer to it. This timeline can be very valuable in narrating your case and presenting it later in a concrete and specific way.A lawyer letter from a local lawyer can be effective in several ways. It can avoid costly litigation and help bring about a settlement. It also helps organize the claim and if it goes to court shows the judge you tried in good faith to resolve it! martindale.com and findlaw.com are both excellent lookup directories. Both highly rated. Both used by lawyers. Easy to search and find local options.By being prepared and pressing your claim, the other side should feel the pressure and consider the risk of losing and legal fees. That realization can help bring about a settlement!
I believe I exceed the statute of limitations but...after some time, I realized that the "pushing and/or bullying w/ less pay than my counterpart" at work may have been the result of something more sinister. I believe 2 potentially "jealous" neighbors (both female) may have contacted a free state agency and have made a false claim. I am a college grad and feel that there is a sincere possibility that ever since the Sandusky scandal at Penn State, agencies who are funded may be targeting citizens who are either single and/or without children, like my husband & myself. Per my timeline, the "bullying" at work REALLY became apparent around the time these 2 female neighbors were watching our home and seemingly our every move. I believe an agency has not acted in "good faith" and that a false statement was made w/ intent to harm and injur.

I would try to settle out of court through local legal counsel.

Please let me know if the replies are fast and acceptable by responding "yes"

also, I have a "payment failure" notice on the page so please make sure you have a credit card loaded to pay for the replies.

Ok. Thank you. I realize that I basically have to be dead for the local police to actually investigate. I am extremely concerned about discrimination and know there is no entity that I can help people without children combat potential abusers, especially a school teacher. I am very sad and stressed and fond of the law, just not when it doesn't help people w/ disabilities. Thank you for your time.
Very welcome.
Good luck.Please select the 5 star (*****) rating on your page for the answer. Happy Holidays!
Infolawyer, Lawyer