Employment Law

Employment law questions? Ask an employment lawyer.

I filed for unemployment and fully didn't understand how…

Customer Question
I filed for unemployment...

I filed for unemployment and fully didn't understand how much information they really needed and I answered wrong to a few of them. Can I go back and amend? I have been denied for the reason that they interpreted that I couldnt do any work but I can prove that I can do work within my permanent restrictions. What are my chances of disputing this.

Lawyer's Assistant: Because employment law varies from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?

Wisconsin

Lawyer's Assistant: Is the employment agreement "at will," union, full time or part time?

I don't understatnd

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

I was on workman's comp and got let go from my part-time factory job.

Submitted: 6 months ago.Category: Employment Law
12/19/2017
Employment Lawyer: Phillips Esq., Attorney-at-Law replied 6 months ago
Phillips Esq., Attorney-at-Law

Hello: This isCustomer Welcome to JustAnswer! I am reviewing your post, and I will post my response very shortly. Thank you for your patience.

I am sorry to read about your difficulties.

Unfortunately, you cannot go back to amend your application after a decision has already been made on your case. You have to file an appeal from the adverse decision. In the appeal, you would state your reasons for the appeal and why your benefit application should not be denied. Whether or not you would be successful in your appeal would depend on the information that you provide on your appeal documents and how you defend that information during the appeal hearing.

You must file for appeal within the deadline given for appeal.

Goodluck with your case,

A positive rating to my response is appreciated so that I can receive credit for responding to your post. There is no additional cost to you for giving a positive rating.

Thank you for your cooperation.