Employment Law

Employment law questions? Ask an employment lawyer.

I PUT IN FOR LEAVE TO TAKE MY SON TO THE DOCTOR 2 MONTHS AGO…

Customer Question
I PUT IN FOR...

I PUT IN FOR LEAVE TO TAKE MY SON TO THE DOCTOR 2 MONTHS AGO WHEN I made his appointments but today when I got to work they told me I was not approved for the time off

Lawyer's Assistant: Because employment law varies from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?

Minnesota

Lawyer's Assistant: Is the employment agreement "at will," union, full time or part time?

Full time

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

The employer is HCMC and they have recently changed management and the new people have been trying very hard to make things difficult I have applied four different positions outside of this job and I feel they are blocking me.

Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: Employment Law
Answered in 1 hour by:
12/19/2017
Employment Lawyer: Ray, Employment lawyer replied 4 months ago
Ray, Employment lawyer

Hi and welcome to JA. Ray here to help you today.Please bear with me a few moments while I review your question, conduct and prepare your response.

Do you feel like there is discrimination here, sex, race, age, etc.

Tina, Lawyer