Employment Law

Employment law questions? Ask an employment lawyer.

I was discharged from my job after an incident. I was given…

Customer Question
I was discharged from...

I was discharged from my job after an incident. I was given a discharge letter that was, in my opinion, prejudicial. I applied or unemployment compensation but was denied. What are my options? There is a lot more to this than what I said.

Lawyer's Assistant: Because employment law varies from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?

I was working in Missouri, but I am Illinois resident. That said, the incident occurred on Federally regulated/private property

Lawyer's Assistant: Is the employment agreement "at will," union, full time or part time?

That's just it, I signed and arbitration agreement and it was full time. My position is that there were option other than discharge. I don't want my job back. I want then to answer for all the dirty, naughty stuff they've done.

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

I will answer every question the lawyer has. I know what I have done. I have no problem answering the questions. I am just limited in resources, ie, money

Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: Employment Law
I need a real lawyer...
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call.
Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
12/18/2017
Employment Lawyer: Law Educator, Esq., Attorney replied 4 months ago

Thank you for your question. I look forward to working with you to provide you the information you are seeking for educational purposes only. Please feel free to ignore any phone service request, the expert does not send those unless asked by customer and they are sent by the site automatically.

Were you a union employee or are you just a regular at will employee?

I need a lawyer, damnit. Someone I can talk to,duh...

PLEASE Calm yourself and remain respectful if you would like any assistance at all. Thank you.

As far as I know I was an "at will" employee. That said, my discharge letter cited the incident I was involved with as well as unspecified "previous policy violations"
I don't have 59 dollars. I don't have anything. I am unemployed. I have no income.Thank you. I'll take my chances elsewhere...

Thank you, ***** ***** it seems you simply misunderstood the whole nature of this service and failed to read directions and site policies as well. We wish you the best. Merry Christmas.

Tina, Lawyer