Employment Law

Employment law questions? Ask an employment lawyer.

I am a monthly contributing member of the ACLU. My question…

Customer Question
I am a monthly...

I am a monthly contributing member of the ACLU. My question concerns out of control professional boards. My husband is a doctor. A patient died of accidental drowning, which was ruled an accident. Possible trace amount of medication (too small to measure) was in her system. Now he's being accused of her death and in imminent danger of having his license suspended. We have an excellent attorney (costing us a fortune), but I was wondering what the ACLU knows about the larger picture. Usually, articles talk about Boards protecting patients' rights and safety. But who protects doctors from politically motivated Boards, like the CA medical board. I know that online, one can find over 400 complaints from doctors about persecution by their boards. The Ca Med. Board has vastly stepped up prosecutions and it seems that they are rewarded by keeping their numbers high. It's good PR. Any help, recommendations, information would be appreciate.

Lawyer's Assistant: License regulations vary from place to place, so can you tell me what state this is in?

California

Lawyer's Assistant: Has anything been filed or reported?

Yes, the Board has asked for records and indicated that they wish to move fast. If his license is pulled, we have no income, no savings.

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

In CA, the Board can even over rule a judge after a hearing if they do not agree with the findings. There is no due process--I believe their actions are unconstitutional. Excellent

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Employment Law
12/18/2017
Employment Lawyer: P. Simmons, Lawyer replied 7 months ago
P. Simmons, Lawyer

Hi, My name is***** am an attorney with over 16 years experience. Hopefully I can help you with your legal question.

I am sorry for this dilemma. But not sure I understand your specific question. This is NOT the ACLU...did you have a specific question?

sorry, thought I was connected through ACLU

No worries...did you have a question?