Employment Law

Employment law questions? Ask an employment lawyer.

I am not being paid my vacation time from my last job. Ill.

Customer Question
I am not being...

I am not being paid my vacation time from my last job

Lawyer's Assistant: Because employment law varies from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?

Ill

Lawyer's Assistant: Is the employment agreement "at will," union, full time or part time?

I quit and gave notice and it was full time

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

It has been over 2 months and they will not answer my calls I worked there 8 years

Submitted: 5 months ago.Category: Employment Law
12/18/2017
Employment Lawyer: Legal Eagle, Lawyer replied 5 months ago
Legal Eagle, Lawyer

Hello! I am a licensed attorney, admitted to practice in state and federal court. I have a nearly 100% satisfaction rating (click here for more info) so all that means is that you can count on me to help today. Because I want to provide you with the most accurate answer possible, do you mind if I take a moment to review your question?

Please keep in mind that our conversation does not include an attorney-client relationship and this is for general information purposes only.

So, according to the Dept. of Labor for the state of IL, they say, "A former employee has a claim...for the collection of the monetary equivalent of his/her vacation time earned in accordance with an employment contract, agreement or policy." See Section 300.520. This means that if they have a policy that says that you are to be paid at the time you quit or if they have a policy that says that you are not to have your vacation time forfeited if you quit, then they must pay. Otherwise, they aren't required to pay. What other questions did you have for me about this today?

Tina, Lawyer