Employment Law

Employment law questions? Ask an employment lawyer.

Should I file a complaint against a union if the Union

Customer Question
Steward has filed a grievance...
Should I file a complaint against a union if the Union Steward has filed a grievance that is incorrect and biased.
Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Employment Law
12/18/2017
Employment Lawyer: Law Educator, Esq., Attorney replied 7 months ago

Thank you for your question. I look forward to working with you to provide you the information you are seeking for educational purposes only. Please feel free to ignore any phone service request, the expert does not send those unless asked by customer and they are sent by the site automatically.

If the steward filed a known false complaint against you, you could sue the steward personally for defamation/slander/libel. You would need to prove he knew when he filed the grievance that it was false and he filed it anyhow and you would need to prove it contributed to you leaving the employment.

Please do not forget to leave positive feedback by clicking on the 5 stars at the top of your page, as the experts are not employees of the site and get no credit for spending time with customers unless they leave positive feedback. Thank you.