Employment Law

Employment law questions? Ask an employment lawyer.

I was determined to be 100 percent disabled on February 3rd…

Customer Question
I was determined to...

I was determined to be 100 percent disabled on February 3rd 2012, at least 5 doctors submitted evidence that my knee, and other problems would only deteriorate, and not get better. I am now 62 and still having big problems with my knee, and now vascular problems too. I see the VA and it was decided I suffer from PTSD, although the VA has been giving me the no way thing. VA doctors agree, I have a problem upstairs. I am receiving a service pension after 22 years of government service, because I was asked what pension I wanted, at the time I was receiving no money at all to take care of my family and asked them to give me the pension I deserve, althought the federal government awarded me total disability, I had to wait for my first check so I took a service pension, even though I could never have done my job, and they (my employer) had no where to put me, my question is, can I still get a disability pension from my employer(they did me wrong) and if so, I need a lawyer.

Lawyer's Assistant: Because employment law varies from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?

Yea the great I love employer state of delaware

Lawyer's Assistant: Is the employment agreement "at will," union, full time or part time?

I was a supervisor full time for twenty years and a union member, but the union ws a little on the down and what have I done for you, and what can you do for me AFSCME

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

I just want to know if i still qualify for a disability pension as opposed to a service pension, it would give me 30 years instead of 22 years.

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Employment Law
12/16/2017
Employment Lawyer: P. Simmons, Lawyer replied 7 months ago
P. Simmons, Lawyer

Hi, My name is***** am an attorney with over 16 years experience. Hopefully I can help you with your legal question.

I am sorry for this dilemma. But not sure I understand your specific question. Do you have a question regarding this?