Employment Law

Employment law questions? Ask an employment lawyer.

I have a parent who is e-mailing my peers and superiors

Customer Question
Hello, I have a...

Hello, I have a parent who is e-mailing my peers and superiors with, false & deragatory statements about my character and competence.

Lawyer's Assistant: What state are you in? It matters because laws vary by location.

Georgia

Lawyer's Assistant: Has anything been filed or reported?

Nothing has been filed against me that I know of, but the parent has e-mailed the Executive Director of Special Education stating false things about me and my competence. She continually e-mails my peers and Assistant Principal with slanderous comments about me.

Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: Employment Law
12/16/2017
Employment Lawyer: legalgems, Lawyer replied 4 months ago
legalgems
legalgems, Lawyer

Hello! I will be reviewing your question and posting a response momentarily; if you have any follow up questions please respond here. Thanks!

I am terribly sorry to hear this. So this is a parent of one of your students?

Tina, Lawyer