Employment Law

Employment law questions? Ask an employment lawyer.

Possibly....labor law. A simple one methinks, however;

Customer Question
Possibly....labor law. A simple...

Possibly....labor law. A simple one methinks, however; right-to-work state. Done a bit of research

Lawyer's Assistant: Have you documented this or discussed it with HR?

Nope. I'm from Michigan working in Alabama for a Naval contractor of foreign origin.

Lawyer's Assistant: Is the employment agreement "at will," union, full time or part time?

Full-time, direct hire

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

If, given initial contract signing & in connection with company handbook..... a new "mandated" software payroll / time system is employed that usurps said initial handbook and contract due new rules; isn't it necessary then to sign new contract(s)?

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: Employment Law
Answered in 3 days by:
12/19/2017
Employment Lawyer: Phillips Esq., Attorney-at-Law replied 7 months ago
Phillips Esq., Attorney-at-Law

Hello: This isCustomer Welcome to JustAnswer! I am reviewing your post, and I will post my response very shortly. Thank you for your patience.

Kindly note that I just came across your post. I do not have control over the question list. I am just a site user just like you. Nonetheless, I apologize for the delay in response to your post.

If you signed a contract and the contract has now been modified by implementation of a new payroll/time system, then a new contract must be signed by both parties to the contract to ratify the changes. Otherwise, the previous contract is still in effect. The employee can still hold the employer to the terms of the previous contract as the contract has not been duly modified and ratified.

Best wishes,

A positive rating to my response is appreciated so that I can receive credit for responding to your post. There is no additional cost to you for giving a positive rating.

Thank you for your cooperation.