Employment Law

Employment law questions? Ask an employment lawyer.

I was denied unemployment for the most generic reasoning of…

Customer Question
I was denied unemployment...

I was denied unemployment for the most generic reasoning of refusing to obey instructions. I do not agree, and it's so vague i dont know how to dispute that for the appeal

Lawyer's Assistant: Have you documented this or discussed it with HR?

Nobody from HR contacted me about disobeying instructions, and there was not an HR department really

Lawyer's Assistant: Is the employment agreement "at will," union, full time or part time?

It was a full time sales position at a car dealership

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

I was the lead salesman 11 out of last 12 months and I had been denied bonuses and commissions. Upon bringing up my complaints with my manager, he became irrational and made a decision to deny my request, then i was fired within the same day!

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Employment Law
12/16/2017
Employment Lawyer: Phillips Esq., Attorney-at-Law replied 7 months ago
Phillips Esq., Attorney-at-Law

Hello: This isCustomer Welcome to JustAnswer! I am reviewing your post, and I will post my response very shortly. Thank you for your patience.

I am sorry to read about your difficulties.

You have actually made your case for the appeal:

You are appeal from the adverse decision because you did not disobey any instructions.

" I did not disobey any instructions. Nobody from HR contacted me about disobeying instructions.

I was the lead salesman 11 out of last 12 months and I had been denied bonuses and commissions. Upon bringing up my complaints with my manager, he became irrational and made a decision to deny my request, then i was fired within the same day!"

Goodluck with your appeal.

A positive rating to my response is appreciated so that I can receive credit for responding to your post. There is no additional cost to you for giving a positive rating.

Thank you for your cooperation.