Employment Law

Employment Law Questions? Ask an Employment Lawyer.

Employment Law

I was let go from my job on the 11st of this month. I found…

Customer Question
Good afternoon. I was...

Good afternoon. I was let go from my job on the 11st of this month. I found out through my insurance carrier that I was actually terminated from my insurance on the 2nd. I was given a check that payroll had ended on the 2nd. She gave me a check for 56 hours of work (where I worked more because I was salaried) and she still deducted $414 for insurance. I believe she shouldn't have, since I haven't been covered since Dec. 2nd.

Lawyer's Assistant: Because employment law varies from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?

Arizona. and thank you for being here. : )

Lawyer's Assistant: Is the employment agreement "at will," union, full time or part time?

It was salaried, at-will and VERY full-time.

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

I believe that is it....I just want what is right because I worked very hard for her company. Thank you.

Submitted: 2 months ago.Category: Employment Law
12/15/2017
Employment Lawyer: Lucy, Esq., Lawyer replied 2 months ago
Lucy, Esq., Lawyer

I'm Lucy, and I'd be happy to answer your questions today. I'm sorry to hear about your situation.

Since insurance coverage was terminated on December 2, they should not have deducted insurance payments from your check on the 14th. Insurance payments are made in advance. The company should refund that money to you.

Please rate my answer positively so I get paid for the time spent answering your questions. If you're on a mobile device, you may have to scroll to the left. Thank you.

Do you have any questions about this?

Lucy, Esq., Lawyer