Employment Law

Employment law questions? Ask an employment lawyer.

I'm interested in determining steps to have a company

Customer Question
I'm interested in determining...

I'm interested in determining steps to have a company investigated for wage and employment code violations

Lawyer's Assistant: Have you documented this or discussed it with HR?

I'm inquiring on behalf of my son but the answer is yes to no avail and once questioned they revised their 'employment agreement' and forced signature

Lawyer's Assistant: Is the employment agreement "at will," union, full time or part time?

At will

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

There are pay discrepencies and no pay reporting

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Employment Law
Answered in 1 minute by:
12/15/2017
Employment Lawyer: Patrick, Esq., Lawyer replied 7 months ago
Patrick, Esq.

Hello and thank you for entrusting me to assist you. My name is ***** ***** I will do everything I can to answer your question.

Can you tell me in what state your son is located? Also, what is the specific pay discrepancy and what is your son hoping to acheive (i.e. back pay)? I very much look forward to helping you on this matter.

Indiana. He's a service technician so gets paid based on the work he performs, i.e. changes an engine in a car is worth XX hours. There is no reporting on what he is paid for, nor reporting on what they deduct from pay. they pay semi monthly but only pay 10 days per period which means he is short an entire month by year end. when asked for a detailed reporting outlining what he is paid for, they do not provide so really there is no way to understand what or why he is paid.
I just want to know how to initiate an investigation, at least at the state employment and wage code level. Does DOL do this?

Thank you.

Yes, the Indiana Dept. of Labor handles this sort of thing and is where you would direct your complaint. See here to initiate the complaint process.

If I can clarify anything at all for you, please do not hesitate to ask. It is my pleasure to assist you further if necessary....

Was there anything else that I can do for you?