Employment Law

Employment law questions? Ask an employment lawyer.

My boss pushing me back and was pointing to the ground and…

Customer Question
My boss pushing me...

My boss pushing me back and was pointing to the ground and told me to sit down and shut up I felt like a little kid and was really intimidated and scared he was going to hit me I've been an employee for 8 years don't know what came over him that's the second time it happened it happened a week ago I haven't been back to work

Lawyer's Assistant: Because employment law varies from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?

V.A.

Lawyer's Assistant: Is the employment agreement "at will," union, full time or part time?

Full-time

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: Employment Law
12/15/2017
Employment Lawyer: Legal Eagle, Lawyer replied 8 months ago
Legal Eagle, Lawyer

Hello! I am a licensed attorney, admitted to practice in state and federal court. I have a nearly 100% satisfaction rating (click here for more info) so all that means is that you can count on me to help today. Because I want to provide you with the most accurate answer possible, do you mind if I take a moment to review your question?

Please keep in mind that our conversation does not include an attorney-client relationship and this is for general information purposes only.

I'm sorry to hear about this. D o you have any reason to believe that they did this on the basis of your race, religion, sexual orientation, gender, age, or disability?

the only reason I can think of is I called in the day before

I'm sorry to hear about that. Were you concerned that the person was going to physically attack you?

Attorney should I get an attorney

I'm sorry to hear about your situation. This sounds like a case of assault. Assault occurs when a person is put in a reasonable apprehension of an immediate harmful and offensive touching. If your boss has done this, then you could potentially sue him for this action.

You may want to consider just writing a formal demand letter to the supervisor or the HR department that they rectify this situation. There’s a site that I’ve used in the past where you can find a good template for a demand letter (click here). It only costs $10 and it is way cheaper than litigation.

You may also want to contact an attorney in your area as well to help you out with this.

What other questions did you have for me?

Hello, it’s been awhile since we connected so I wanted to check in with you to see if you had any further before you rated. If you have any other questions or if there is anything else I can assist you with today. Please reply here and let me know.