Employment Law

Employment law questions? Ask an employment lawyer.

I was at a Mcdonalds last night and was treated so poorly…

Customer Question
Good Morning -...

Good Morning - I was at a Mcdonalds last night and was treated so poorly from the Manager onsite. This was around 11:45pm and went through the drive thru window to order a mcrib no sauce with just pickles and a salad. Went to the 1st drive thru paid and the manager onsite said please go to the 2nd window for your food. I went to the 2nd window and cars behind me were all getting there food but I kept sitting there for over 10 minutes - I started blowing my horn and they kept ignoring me and in my back window I can see them laughing and not doing anything inside. Another car went by and they are still ignoring me. About 15 minutes later - they gave me my food - I told them I will be calling the corporate office will make a complaint.

Lawyer's Assistant: What state is this in? And how old is the car?

I was leaving the McDonalds and on my way back home - I took out my mcrib sandwich and I am not kidding you - the sandwich was overflowed with the barbecue sauce and was all over the box - these kids at this Mcdonalds did this on purpose. I turned around and went straight back went inside and asked for the manager. It was the same lady who told me to go to the 2nd window and forgot about me. I told her extremely upset I was and how they messed up my order and how long I waited and I asked her for her name and she wouldn't give it to me- I asked her again and she wouldn't give it to me - She went to the register and took money out and said here is your refund. I told her I don't want a refund all I want is my sandwich with no sauce. She put the money in my hand and dropped it on the counter and asked her for her last name again and she said I am going to call the cops. I said please do - that is the only way for me to get your last name to file a complaint against you. The cops came and told them what happened and they understand my story but that manager said your are not allowed back on these premises. I was treated so poorly and this is what I get in return. Her name is***** and this happened at the Wesley Chapel, Florida Mcdonalds. I drive a Mercedes GL 450

Lawyer's Assistant: Has anything been filed or reported?

I am not allowed back at this Mcdonalds - It will be considered trespassing

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

I am so upset that these kids at this mcdonalds did not get in trouble for this for how they treated me and I am the one that is paying the price

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: Employment Law
12/15/2017
Employment Lawyer: Lucy, Esq., Lawyer replied 8 months ago
Lucy, Esq., Lawyer

I'm Lucy, and I'd be happy to answer your questions today. I'm sorry to hear that this happened.

Legally, a business has a right to refuse service to anyone, with or without a reason, so while their behavior was highly inappropriate, I'm afraid it's not illegal. If you had some reason to believe that the way they treated you was based on illegal discrimination - such as race, ethnicity, religion, or color - that would be illegal. They also have a right to ban someone from the premises.

What you can do, however, is report to the company how you were treated. They will likely want to make things right by offering some sort of accommodation. They'll be interested to hear that people are getting a negative view of the McDonald's brand because of how the employees at this location treat customers. You can try calling the store today to see if there is an owner or manager above the person you spoke with. If the business is a franchise, there could be someone local to talk to. Otherwise, you could also ask if they have a district manager you can speak with, or send a message to McDonald's corporate offices at:

2111 McDonald's Dr.,
Oak Brook, IL 60523

1-***-***-****

The website also has a link if you'd prefer to leave feedback about the experience online, but you may be more likely to get a response by calling.

https://www.mcdonalds.com/us/en-us/contact-us/restaurant-feedback.html

If you have any questions or concerns about my response, please reply WITHOUT RATING. It's important that you are 100% satisfied with my courtesy and professionalism. Otherwise, please rate my service positively so I am paid for the time I spend answering questions. If you are on a mobile device, you may need to scroll to the right. There is no charge for follow-up questions. Thank you.