Employment Law

Employment law questions? Ask an employment lawyer.

I was terminated from my job on December 11 I was suspended…

Customer Question
I was terminated from my...
I was terminated from my job on December 11 I was suspended on December 4 when I was called to come in on December 11 I was told that they were terminating my job then the branch manager and the fleet supervisor explained that I would be payed up to December 11 and would be payed my vacation time that I have left witch would be 1 week with that being swayed I also have 3 sick days and 4 hours of floater time left so this morning I checked my bank and I was only payed for 3 hours on December 4 so is that what they have to pay me and also I have a letter from them stating that they were going to pay me payment of any unused vacation will included in your last pay check,which you will receive on your next regular pay period.so if the branch manager stated that I would be payed up to December 11 then I should have been payed for last week and my final pay week would be next week since they hold a week back when you first start can you explain this to me and let me know if I’m in my rights
Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Employment Law
12/15/2017
Employment Lawyer: John, Employment Lawyer replied 7 months ago
John, Employment Lawyer

Hi, thanks for submitting your question today. My name is John. I have over 13 years of legal and consulting experience in this area. I’m happy to assist you with your question today. Please note that the website may ask you if you desire premium services, such as a phone call. I do not control these prompts, and you are not under any obligation to order premium services to get a full answer from me. If you do desire premium services, however, feel free to select that option. I will have an answer for you shortly, unless I require additional information. Please be patient while I may have to research some matters before providing a response. In the meantime you should save the url link or bookmark this webpage in case you become disconnected and need to return to this page at a later time.

Were you paid hourly or salary (i.e., paid the same amount every week regardless of hours worked? Second, what if anything does your personnel manual or employee handbook say about payment of vested benefits upon termination of employment?