Employment Law

Employment Law Questions? Ask an Employment Lawyer.

Employment Law

I am currently on short term disability leave with short…

I am currently on short...
I am currently on short term disability leave with short term disability pay. If I do not return to that employer (i.e. get a position elsewhere), will I be required to reimburse my current employer for the short term disability pay? One other question, under the ADA, can a permanent accommodation (in the form) of a modified work schedule be requested? Re-phrased......are accommodations under the ADA only required under law to be temporary, but never permanent? I would like to stay at the current employer if they grant a permanent accommodation in the form of a modified work schedule. Thank you.
Answered in 1 minute by:
12/14/2017
Infolawyer, Lawyer
Greetings! I am a legal expert on the site and am working on your question.1. No. Not reimbursed if relocate to new employer.
2. Yes and that is a common accommodation and difficult to deny!Please let me know if the reply is acceptable by responding “yes” or “acceptable”Please do not forget to leave positive feedback by clicking on the 5 stars at the top of your page, as experts are not employees of the site and do not get any credit for spending time with customers unless they leave positive feedback. Thank you.
I'm sorry.......so I guess I need to "hear" it again..........accommodations (such as modified work schedules) can be permanent?
Sir?
Correct!
if I can elaborate on anything, just ask me.Please let me know if the reply is acceptable by responding “yes” or “acceptable”
Infolawyer, Lawyer
thank you
Very welcome.
Infolawyer, Lawyer