Employment Law

Employment law questions? Ask an employment lawyer.

I was employed as the HR Director under a three (3) year…

Customer Question
I was employed as...

I was employed as the HR Director under a three (3) year contract. The employment was on an Indian Reservation in Michigan. I was the subject to an email from an Independent Contracting Attorney that The email was toxic and marked by significant drama and infighting. The verbiage created a battle and now negatively impacts the viability of the HR Department. I am offended and humiliated to be judge as guilty to this comment.
I do not have an agenda. The intent of the email was to inform Jeanie of her options working with Chris.I am being subjected to offensive and unwelcome conduct that is severe. It affects my credibility as a professional. I am hesitant to interact with tribal employees fearful that anything I say will be misinterpreted and taken out of context for the sake of shame.
They terminated my employment on Monday and offered resignation with a 60 day payment of wages and benefits. That is the normal part of the contract in the event they terminate the contract. The offer stems from a current lawsuit pending in courts from the previous HR Director. My question is, should I accept the offer?

Lawyer's Assistant: Because employment law varies from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?

Michigan

Lawyer's Assistant: Is the employment agreement "at will," union, full time or part time?

At will.

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

I have not been informed of any performance issue prior to this incident.

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: Employment Law
12/14/2017
Employment Lawyer: Law Educator, Esq., Attorney replied 8 months ago

Thank you for your question. I look forward to working with you to provide you the information you are seeking for educational purposes only. Please feel free to ignore any phone service request, the expert does not send those unless asked by customer and they are sent by the site automatically.

Do you have proof they did this to you ONLY because of your age/race/sex/disability/national origin?