Employment Law

Employment law questions? Ask an employment lawyer.

I was fired from my job as a contractor with IBM network…

Customer Question
I was fired from...

I was fired from my job as a contractor with IBM network project manager . The reason given was that the customer specifically asked for my removal. The customer is Meijer.I was one of four women of about 40 employees and the wonly white, middle-aged disabled women.

Lawyer's Assistant: Because employment law varies from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?

The incident happened in Grand Rapids

Lawyer's Assistant: Is the employment agreement "at will," union, full time or part time?

I was a contractor

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

I don't know what else is relevant. I was systematically excluded from meetings, IM, I complained about this to the manager on site. I was not told the location of meetings. Yet I was told the reason I was fired was that I was late to meetings. I was not the only one.

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Employment Law
12/14/2017
Employment Lawyer: DamienJD, Attorney replied 7 months ago
DamienJD
DamienJD, Attorney

Hello: My name is ***** ***** I am an attorney. This sounds like possible racial or ethnic discrimination. Is that what you believe this is?