Employment Law

Employment law questions? Ask an employment lawyer.

I was denied an appeal for unemployment benefits as I

Customer Question
I was denied an...

I was denied an appeal for unemployment benefits as I misread the letter they sent to me. I didn't notify them the day before the set telephone conference so they denied me benefits. I want to appeal that decision and I don't know how.

Lawyer's Assistant: Have you documented this or discussed it with HR?

I have documentation of all that has transpired, who is HR?

Lawyer's Assistant: Is the employment agreement "at will," union, full time or part time?

I have a disability and retired because I was no longer able to perform the work for the Post Office, I was a rural route carrier.

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

I am able to work but I do have limitations and the reason they denied me was because they didn't think that I could work.

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: Employment Law
12/14/2017
Employment Lawyer: Michael Bradley,
 replied 8 months ago
Michael Bradley

the notice you received denying your claim should contain the procedure to appeal

what state are you in?