Employment Law

Employment Law Questions? Ask an Employment Lawyer.

Employment Law

I left a. I live in TX and it is an at will state. I am a…

Customer Question
Hi, I left a ...

Hi, I left a

Lawyer's Assistant: What state are you in? It matters because laws vary by location.

I live in TX and it is an at will state. I am a certified teacher and I left the school district I was working for. I was working as an aide and not making much money. I have been working as an autistic aide for 6 years. I left to pursue a career as an autistic therapist. The company has a policy that you can not have 3 occurrences within a 90 day period. I was sick two times with a doctor's note and running a fever. It is common when working with children that you may not return for 24 hours as was in the school district I worked for. Today, I got a flat tire on the way to work. My son came and picked me up and although I provided a picture of the tire, I was still fired. I was told this was my third incident and I was fired. During my employment I had complained about being asked to show a child pictures that did not match his goals and I informed the owners of this and said I would not fudge data because this was for insurance companies. Further, I was sent

Lawyer's Assistant: Is the employment agreement "at will," union, full time or part time?

At will is in TX. It wss a full time job. There is another employee who was absent 3 days and not even written up and is still there.

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

Is this legal

Submitted: 2 months ago.Category: Employment Law
Answered in 1 minute by:
12/13/2017
Employment Lawyer: Ely, Counselor at Law replied 2 months ago
Ely, Counselor at Law

Hello and welcome to JustAnswer. Please note: This is general information for educational purposes only and is not legal advice. No specific course of action is proposed herein, and no attorney-client relationship or privilege is formed by speaking to an expert on this site. (You may also be offered a phone call, but those don’t come from me and are offered by the website and you are under no obligation to accept.)

I am sorry to hear about this situation. What are you asking here? For example, if you can sue for wrongful termination? Get your job back? Etc.

Tina, Lawyer