Employment Law

Employment Law Questions? Ask an Employment Lawyer.

Employment Law

I am 56 years old with a disability and getting ready to do…

Customer Question
I am 56 years...

I am 56 years old with a disability and getting ready to do time in Loretto fci This is my first, I also have to terminal illnesses and an amputation on my left leg. Just a description of who I am. I was convicted willingness to not pay employment taxes and got 37 months. I also have an alcohol addition that I have been dishonest about for nearly 3o years.How can I qualify for any time reduction.

Lawyer's Assistant: Because laws vary from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?

Convicted in Ohio. serving in Peensylvania

Lawyer's Assistant: Is the employment agreement "at will," union, full time or part time?

At will. I was the CEO and didn't pay employment taxes for employees due to government non pay but the government was abstained from responsibility.. about 800,000.00

Submitted: 2 months ago.Category: Employment Law
12/13/2017
Employment Lawyer: Law Educator, Esq., Attorney replied 2 months ago

Thank you for your question. I look forward to working with you to provide you the information you are seeking for educational purposes only. Please feel free to ignore any phone service request, the expert does not send those unless asked by customer and they are sent by the site automatically.

Actually, under sentencing guidelines used in Federal cases, nothing you mentioned would be grounds for sentence reduction. You have mentioned your health conditions and the amputation which would qualify you for sentencing to a federal prison healthcare facility so they can properly treat you. As far as your alcohol addiction, that is no real basis for moving you as they have AA programs in the federal prisons and counseling programs for you to attend.

So at this point, asking your attorney to seek to get you sent to a medical facility is really your only option here.

Please do not forget to leave positive feedback by clicking on the 5 stars at the top of your page, as the experts are not employees of the site and get no credit for spending time with customers unless they leave positive feedback. Thank you.

Law Educator, Esq., Attorney