Employment Law

Employment law questions? Ask an employment lawyer.

Emoloyment question.... I was told by a coworker that i am…

Customer Question
Emoloyment question.... I was told by...
Emoloyment question....
I was told by a coworker that i am going to be fired. He didnt say exactly when but he is a reliable source. Because this comes from a peer/coworker if I am fired do i have any recourse? What are my optiins if any? My work metrics are the best ever, ny quality is below which is good. My team is miving parts at record pace. My co-worker did nit provide an explanation. He did ssy that my supervisor was talking at the time with anither one of my coworkers. This doesn't seem right. My manager has treated me differently in the past and now for sure. Any feedback appreciated.
Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: Employment Law
12/13/2017
Employment Lawyer: Roy Hadavi,
 replied 4 months ago
Roy Hadavi

Hi. My name is ***** ***** I am a licensed attorney with extensive labor law experience. I would be happy to provide assistance. Please keep in mind that our conversation does not include an attorney-client relationship and this is for general information purposes only.

Answer: Unfortunately, Texas is an at-will employment state. That means that either you or the employer can terminate the employment relationship at any time for any reason or no reason at all. The limitation is that employers cannot terminate an employee for an illegal reason, such as discrimination or retaliation for exercising an employee's legal right.

I am sorry that I do not have better news for you, but hope it will not affect your rating of my services.

Rating & Additional Questions: Thank you so much for allowing me to help you with your question. I have done my best to provide information which fully addresses your question. If you have any follow-up or clarification questions, please do not rate my service. Please ask me as many questions as you need, until you feel I have earned an excellent rating. There is no additional fee. If I have fully answered your question(s) to your satisfaction, I would appreciate you rating my service (hopefully Excellent/5 stars!) at the top of the screen. Otherwise, I receive no credit for assisting you today. I thank you in advance for taking the time to provide me a positive rating! A BONUS is also appreciated if you feel I've earned one today.

What about privacy concerns? My business shouldnt be of any concern to my peers.
Employment Lawyer: Roy Hadavi,
 replied 4 months ago

Although it is bad form for your employer to discuss your possible termination where other employees can overhear the conversation, or even discuss the situation with other employees, there is no legal right of privacy that your employer violated. The law simply does not provide any privacy protection for this type of matter.

Roy Hadavi
Roy Hadavi
Roy Hadavi