Employment Law

Employment Law Questions? Ask an Employment Lawyer.

Employment Law

I work at 7-Eleven off of 29 and my boss fired me for no…

Customer Question
I work at 7-Eleven...

I work at 7-Eleven off of 29 and my boss fired me for no reason... I came in this morning did my work and also had to do 3rd Shift work too because they didn't do it, I told my boss about it and he bitched at me for no reason. And I told him it's funny how he sticks up for somebody who does nothing in his store. He told me not to come back to work. I'm expecting a child and I work my butt off at that store. What can I do?

Lawyer's Assistant: Because employment law varies from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?

SC

Lawyer's Assistant: Is the employment agreement "at will," union, full time or part time?

He had just gave me 40 hours a week

Submitted: 2 months ago.Category: Employment Law
Answered in 1 minute by:
12/12/2017
Employment Lawyer: Roy Hadavi,
 replied 2 months ago
Roy Hadavi

Hi. My name is ***** ***** I am a licensed attorney with extensive labor law experience. I would be happy to provide assistance. Please keep in mind that our conversation does not include an attorney-client relationship and this is for general information purposes only.

I am sorry to hear that you lost your job. I know that is never easy.

Answer: Unfortunately, South Carolina is an at-will employment state. That means that either you or the employer can terminate the employment relationship at any time for any reason or no reason at all. The limitation is that employers cannot terminate an employee for an illegal reason, such as discrimination or retaliation for exercising an employee's legal right.

I am sorry that I do not have better news for you, but hope it will not affect your rating of my services.

Rating & Additional Questions: Thank you so much for allowing me to help you with your question. I have done my best to provide information which fully addresses your question. If you have any follow-up or clarification questions, please do not rate my service. Please ask me as many questions as you need, until you feel I have earned an excellent rating. There is no additional fee. If I have fully answered your question(s) to your satisfaction, I would appreciate you rating my service (hopefully Excellent/5 stars!) at the top of the screen. Otherwise, I receive no credit for assisting you today. I thank you in advance for taking the time to provide me a positive rating! A BONUS is also appreciated if you feel I've earned one today.

Roy Hadavi
Roy Hadavi
Roy Hadavi