Employment Law

Employment law questions? Ask an employment lawyer.

I have been sexually and verbally abused consistently for…

Customer Question
I have been sexually...

I have been sexually and verbally abused consistently for the past 3 years by my supervisors and now my employer, through my supervisor has deemed it necessary to eliminate my role. Do I have any rights?

Lawyer's Assistant: Because employment law varies from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?

Georgia

Lawyer's Assistant: Is the employment agreement "at will," union, full time or part time?

Georgia is an "at will" state, however, my position is full time management.

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

I have unsolicited pictures sent to my personal cell phone from my supervisor.

Submitted: 5 months ago.Category: Employment Law
12/12/2017
Employment Lawyer: Patrick, Esq., Lawyer replied 5 months ago
Patrick, Esq.

Hello and thank you for entrusting me to assist you. My name is ***** ***** I will do everything I can to answer your question.

What you are describing is classic sexual harassment. You have the right not to be subjected to such a work environment and to recover compensation for your emotional distress and any associated medical bills. You also have the right to complain to your employer without suffering retaliation. Any retaliation that you can prove forms the basis for an entirely separate cause of action for damages.

You can pursue these claims by filing a complaint with the EEOC. The EEOC will investigate and attempt to mediate a resolution with your employer. That not forthcoming, they will either file a lawsuit on your behalf or issue you a "right to sue" letter, which will enable you to sue in civil court with the assistance of an attorney. See here to get the process started.

I hope that you find this information helpful. Please do not hesitate to let me know if you have any questions or concerns regarding the above and I will be more than happy to assist you further.

If you do not require any further assistance, please be so kind as to provide a positive rating of my service so that I may receive credit for assisting you. Very best wishes moving forward.

* Disclaimer *

Just Answer is a venue for informational and educational purposes only. No attorney-client relationship is formed by these communications.

Patrick, Esq.
Patrick, Esq.
Patrick, Esq., Lawyer