Employment Law

Employment Law Questions? Ask an Employment Lawyer.

Employment Law

One of my employers got my personal phone and retrieve data…

Customer Question
One of my employers...

One of my employers got my personal phone and retrieve data from it. Actually thought my phone was stolen. Then after 4days my phone mysterially appeared in my inbox. A day or two later I found out that the passwords in my phone had been deleted.

Lawyer's Assistant: Because employment law varies from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?

This is harassment. I had problems with how they were doing an evaluation on me as well out of retaliation for telling the truth. Now this. Do I have a legal complaint?

Lawyer's Assistant: Is the employment agreement "at will," union, full time or part time?

Can you explain "at will", non-union, and yes full time.

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

Yes, so after I reported the incident to my Supervisor two days later I get an evaluation (which I have yet to get a copy of) with good marks and a $2 pay raise. This happen able 3-4 weeks ago. Thought things would get better, but there not.

Submitted: 2 months ago.Category: Employment Law
Answered in 1 minute by:
12/11/2017
Employment Lawyer: Legal Eagle, Lawyer replied 2 months ago
Legal Eagle, Lawyer

Hello! I am a licensed attorney, admitted to practice in state and federal court. I have a nearly 100% satisfaction rating (click here for more info) so all that means is that you can count on me to help today. Because I want to provide you with the most accurate answer possible, do you mind if I take a moment to review your question?

Please keep in mind that our conversation does not include an attorney-client relationship and this is for general information purposes only.

okay

Great, thank you! Bear with me a moment while I review…

Thank you very much for your patience. I"m sorry to hear about your situation. This is probably going to be an issue of trespass to chattels (personal property). This means that they may owe for the reasonable rental value of your property for having this stuff. You would probably have to go to small claims court to get some justice there if they don't decide to settle with you, which is the hard part; however, it is something that you could still pursue.

You may want to consider just writing a formal demand letter to be reimbursed for the trespass. There’s a site that I’ve used in the past where you can find a good template for a demand letter (click here). It only costs $10 and it is way cheaper than litigation.

What other questions did you have for me?

Question? After I pay the $59 how much more will it cost me?
what do I get for the $59.0?

No problem. The $59 call is optional, but if you pay it, then there's nothing in addition that you have to pay. It's a phone call with me with unlimited time and questions for the duration of the call:-)

What if I have questions at later time considering the hour? Or can I make an appoint to call tomorrow and make payment? Also will this be a form of harassment?

We can make an appointment. That's not a problem at all.

If you have follow up questions, you're welcome to ask.

Okay Will I get you or do I have to start all over again with someone else?

You'll get me.

Tina, Lawyer