Employment Law

Employment Law Questions? Ask an Employment Lawyer.

Employment Law

I'm looking for an attorney in Santa Fe, NM to write a

Customer Question
Hi. I'm looking for...

Hi. I'm looking for an attorney in Santa Fe, NM to write a letter of intent/demand for return of tuition for my son who has slight learning disabilities (age 27) and enrolled in a massage school (was told would only be 10 students in the class but there was double that) and paid a good sum of money. He felt he was doing well in the class but then was told he could not continue for credits (not keeping up). He asked for tuition back since there was a breach of contract (verbal) of a small class and extra help and did not get either. They have refused to allow him to stay on for credit and refuse to give him back his tuition. We may sue but would like a strong letter sent first. Can you direct us in the right direction? Thx!

Lawyer's Assistant: Since estate law varies from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?

NM

Lawyer's Assistant: Has anything been filed or reported?

To whom?

Submitted: 2 months ago.Category: Employment Law
12/11/2017
Employment Lawyer: Law Educator, Esq., Attorney replied 2 months ago

Thank you for your question. I look forward to working with you to provide you the information you are seeking for educational purposes only. Please feel free to ignore any phone service request, the expert does not send those unless asked by customer and they are sent by the site automatically.

We cannot represent anyone from this site, it is forbidden by state law. Sorry if there was any misunderstanding about that.

The first issue is you must read the contract itself, since verbal representations of an employee cannot change a written contract. If the contract does not have anything in there about reduced or small class size, the employee telling you there would be a small class.

HOWEVER, if he only signed the contract based on the promise of the small class size, he could seek to argue they fraudulently induced him to sign the contract and on that basis it should be void. To get a local attorney, civil litigation attorney, you would need to use the same site used by other attorneys, http://www.hg.org

Please do not forget to leave positive feedback by clicking on the 5 stars at the top of your page, as the experts are not employees of the site and get no credit for spending time with customers unless they leave positive feedback. Thank you.

Law Educator, Esq., Attorney