Employment Law

Employment law questions? Ask an employment lawyer.

RAY-WANT TO KNOW WHAT RESPONISIBILTY A CHURCH HAS FOR ITS…

Customer Question
RAY-WANT TO KNOW WHAT RESPONISIBILTY...
RAY-WANT TO KNOW WHAT RESPONISIBILTY A CHURCH HAS FOR ITS VOLUNTEER WORKERS- I DONT' THINK THEY HAVE A WRITTEN POLICY. MY WIFE WAS ASSALTED BY A MALE VOLUNTEER FOR YEARS. SHE HAS SINCE PAST AWAY. FROM2001 TO 2009. THIS IS A LARGECHURCH WITH 1500 MEMBERS AND A SCHOOL.SHE WORKED FOR ABOUT 50 YEARS AS A VOLUNTEER
Submitted: 5 months ago.Category: Employment Law
12/11/2017
Employment Lawyer: Ray, Employment lawyer replied 5 months ago
Ray, Employment lawyer

Hi and welcome to JA. Ray here to help you today.Please bear with me a few moments while I review your question, conduct and prepare your response.

You may have had a personal injury claim here but its too old to sue.There is a two year statute of limitations to file such a suit here in PA.

A cause of action for wrongful death accrues on the date of death and must be filed within two years of that date.

Personal Injury Actions

A personal injury action must be filed within two years of the date when the injury occurred. In Pennsylvania, personal injury actions include medical malpractice and products liability claims. Pennsylvania does, however, have a "discovery rule," which, in limited cases, extends the time for filing a personal injury action. Under this rule, the statute of limitations will begin to run at the time the plaintiff knows, or should have known, that he or she was injured and that the injury was caused by another's conduct.

Please don't shoot the messenger she would have had a great case a few years back.It would be too old here to sue in PA in civil court I am afraid.I am truly sorry here I wish I had better news.

I appreciate the chance to help you today.Thanks again.

https://www.edgarsnyder.com/statute-limitations/pennsylvania.html

They would have definitely had responsibility and liability if she had sued.

NO CALL TODAY

Happy Holidays thanks for rating 5 stars at top of page.Prayers to you here.

RAY - ************** WHAT ABOUT CRIMNAL COURT-PENNSYLVANIA STATE POLICE HAVE HAD INFORMATION FOR 2 WEEKS

Call and follow up ask if it has case number ***** detective assigned.

Ray, Employment lawyer