Employment Law

Employment law questions? Ask an employment lawyer.

My husband is being accused of making comments, in nature,

Customer Question
My husband is being...

My husband is being accused of making comments, sexual in nature, to 2 female office employees. He recently took over the shop and had given them warnings regarding their performance. They have no proof of these allegations. What can he do?

Lawyer's Assistant: Have you documented this or discussed it with HR?

Yes. This is the second complaint. One employee was on notice for poor job performance and announced that she was pregnant so HR said he could not terminate her until after her leave.

Lawyer's Assistant: Is the employment agreement "at will," union, full time or part time?

Full time

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

This is just a very low performing shop due to collaboration with the former owners who sold the shop. They don't like having a boss. There have been at least five managers in that shop in the last year.

Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: Employment Law
12/11/2017
Employment Lawyer: Infolawyer, Lawyer replied 4 months ago
Infolawyer, Lawyer
Greetings! I am a legal expert on the site and am working on your question.
He wants to reject those claims as baseless and point out the motive behind them and apparent retaliation. Company should investigate and can then conclude they are without merit. If he has witnesses who can support him he should ask them to speak up to HR.If needed, martindale.com and findlaw.com are both excellent lookup directories. Both highly rated. Both used by lawyers. Easy to search and find local options.
Please let me know if the reply is acceptable by responding “yes” or “acceptable”
Tina, Lawyer