Employment Law

Employment Law Questions? Ask an Employment Lawyer.

Employment Law

I was suspended from my job reasons I was given was 1-that I…

Customer Question
Hi I was suspended from...
Hi I was suspended from my job reasons I was given was 1-that I did a pm service on a unit on 10/17 and-2 I waited to long to do brakes on that same unit that I waited to long that I should of did them when I did the pm service they were not under dot spec the dot min is 1/4 and they were above spec with that said Human Resources stayed I was suspended for three days they suspended me on 12/04/17 so I emailed the Human Resources lady asking that since my suspicion was for those day was I able to go back to work got no answer so I went to work today and I was told the Human Resources had to give the ok while they do an investigation so what are my options and also they are saying I falsafied document since I did the pm first then the brakes please help with what are my options
Submitted: 2 months ago.Category: Employment Law
12/11/2017
Employment Lawyer: Damien Bosco, Attorney replied 2 months ago
Damien Bosco
Damien Bosco, Attorney

Hello: My name is ***** ***** I am an attorney. If Human Resources is doing an investigation, then you should have a right to be heard and provide your side of the story as well as provide any evidence to support your position. Did you approach HR about your side of the story yet?

They did speak to me on 12/4 and when they spoke to me they asked me what the percieger to do pm service I explained that we bring the unit in when a pm is due we go through the whole unit and grease everything then they asked if I ever had a unit in the shop for a pm service and got busy and maybe put the sticker on the unit and forgot to do the pm service on the unit and I replied no I go through the whole unit then I put the sticker on and if it needs repair we do the repair and then put the sticker on then they said we have issues with a unit that I did on 10/17 that I waited to do the brakes on 11/23 but at the time of the pm if it needed brakes I would have done them then they said we are suspending you for 3 days pending investigation of falsifying document and if we find that you are not at fault we will pay you for those three days and like I stated I tried to reach out to them on Friday and no response so I figured that my 3day suspension was over but went to work this morning and was told that I have to wait for Human Resources to say I can go back to work what should I do now because I feel I am being accused of doing something I never did in my life

Okay. I have to review your followup information. Also, I apologize, I have to go to a meeting for an hour, so I will be back in about an hour.

Ok

Okay. I am back. Reading your followup information...

Thanks for the clarification because I thought you were allowed back at work pending the investigation. But you are saying that you are still suspended pending the investigation. Are they paying you during this time period?

Not until they finish they will let meknow

I see. So, you are suspended without pay for now pending an investigation. You provided your side of the story and are now waiting.

Do you have any further questions to ask me?

what do I do in the meantime I need to work I have bills I need to pay as well they said I was suspended for the days and here we are on day seven with no response from anyone I mean am I supposed to wait for two or three weeks to go buy I mean if they really had something I would probably have been. Fired by now what do I do

Okay. Hold, please. I am with another customer.

Have you attempted to file for unemployment?

Tina, Lawyer