Employment Law

Employment law questions? Ask an employment lawyer.

I need help from an experiences THC false positive attorney.

Customer Question
I need help from...

I need help from an experiences THC false positive attorney. Test monthly in Forest Lake for THC. Last negative was the middle of October. Got very sick the week of Thanksgiving. Fever, intense night sweats, ulcer flared up, blood in my urine, bad heartburn. Doubled up on my Omeprazole taking one in the AM, and one in the PM. Tested again on the 28th, a couple days after I'd been feeling better. Was positive showing a level of 50. I was shocked. Going to have to have a hearing now and possible jail time. I can't explain why I would test positive. Have had no direct, indirect, passive contact with THC, and there is no chance I was slipped some. I'm very concerned about what will happen to me. I just need to talk to someone. I'm scheduled for a UA this afternoon. I'd ordered test strips and as of last night, a full 8 weeks after my negative UA, it's STILL showing positive. How on earth can this be??? please help!! Jim V., Scandia MN

Lawyer's Assistant: Has anything been filed or reported?

It was sent up last week. My PO is in Forest Lake, but they're servicing for St. Louis County, ***** *****. He will probably have it early this week.

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

Cannot think of anything else pertinent. All I know is I didn't violate. Extremely concerned!!

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Employment Law
12/11/2017
Employment Lawyer: Law Educator, Esq., Attorney replied 7 months ago

Thank you for your question. I look forward to working with you to provide you the information you are seeking for educational purposes only. Please feel free to ignore any phone service request, the expert does not send those unless asked by customer and they are sent by the site automatically.

Prilosec (Omeprazole) is not even chemically close to THC, which means that even though you doubled up on it or if you tripled the dose, it would not show positive for THC.

It could be a faulty batch of test strips, that is possible, but the only way to know is to have the lab to a hair follicle test, which would go back further than just a couple of weeks.

Other than the follicle test, I am afraid there is no real other way to beat this if all you were taking was Prilosec during that time, as that simply does not give false positive for THC.

You would also need a doctor to come in and testify as to what it was that could have caused the false positive based on your illness and whatever you were taking for that illness during that time.

Please do not forget to leave positive feedback by clicking on the 5 stars at the top of your page, as the experts are not employees of the site and get no credit for spending time with customers unless they leave positive feedback. Thank you.