Employment Law

Employment law questions? Ask an employment lawyer.

What is the statute that allows be to take time off with my…

Customer Question
What is the statute...

What is the statute that allows be to take time off with my employer before a deployment?

Lawyer's Assistant: Because employment law varies from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?

PA

Lawyer's Assistant: Is the employment agreement "at will," union, full time or part time?

Full time

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

My "active duty" pre-mob starts Jan 2. I would like to take a week off to get everything in order and would like to provide my employer with proper documentation before I request time off.

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Employment Law
12/11/2017
Employment Lawyer: Allen M., Esq., Employment Lawyer replied 7 months ago
Allen M., Esq.
Allen M., Esq., Employment Lawyer

Thank you for trusting your question to JA today. I am a licensed attorney with over a decade of law practice and over 20 years of experience in the legal field. I’m happy to be of assistance.

Oddly enough, it is the Family Medical Leave Act which has a military leave aspect related to deployments.

Your employer has to have at least 50 employees and you have to have worked there for at least one year prior to requesting the leave (and 1250 hours in the last 12 months).

If you have any further questions or other facts that you would like me to consider, please let me know. I invite follow up questions, so use REPLY for those. If you have no further questions then good luck going forward and please do not forget to rate my service with a three, a four or preferably a five star rating so that I receive credit for working with you today. Please rate me based on my service and not on your satisfaction with the law, which I am not in control of and I am just reporting to you. Also, feel free to request me in the future, if you have questions concerning a different matter.

Hello, I wanted to check in and make sure that there was not any additional information that you required after the response I previously provided to you. If you need further assistance, please use REPLY and ask me for any additional information you may need. If not, take care and have a great day.