Employment Law

Employment law questions? Ask an employment lawyer.

I became disabled, I took FMLA, with 4 extensions, had bilat…

Customer Question
I became disabled, I...

I became disabled, I took FMLA, with 4 extensions, had bilat knee replacement, went back to work and lost 30 percent of my pay

Lawyer's Assistant: Because employment law varies from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?

Fl

Lawyer's Assistant: Is the employment agreement "at will," union, full time or part time?

Full time RN weekend supervisor

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

I did not sign a new wage agreement, I work for Life care centers of America, I have been at my job for 10 year, RN in good Standing since 1991

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: Employment Law
12/11/2017
Employment Lawyer: Marsha411JD, Lawyer replied 8 months ago
Marsha411JD, Lawyer

Thank you for your post, can you please tell me what your legal question is? Also, I will need to know if by "extensions," you mean you were still within your 12 weeks of FMLA or that your employer gave you extra unpaid leave that went beyond the FMLA 12 week job protection period? Finally, what was the stated reason for the reduction in pay and by "wage agreement" do you mean a union contract or other contract that is set for a specific period?