Employment Law

Employment law questions? Ask an employment lawyer.

My mother signed a contract with an attorney for an auto…

Customer Question
Hi, my mother signed...

Hi, my mother signed a contract with an attorney for an auto accident we were involved in and the attorney, didn't really do a good job about getting her to physical therapy. Eventually she received two treatments and I was being pressured by her to sign with an attorney. I mailed the contract to his office and we received a termination letter from him the same day as he would no longer be her attorney, I called the same day asked them to please return my envelope without opening. They have an basically refuse to do so but sent an email stating that they would send me a termination letter also. I find this unethical.

Lawyer's Assistant: What state is this in? And how old is the car?

Louisiana and its a 2007 accord

Lawyer's Assistant: Has anything been filed or reported?

A police report and the insurance company is was trying to get us to settle before she signed with an attorney.

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

No, ma'am. Thank you.

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Employment Law
12/11/2017
Employment Lawyer: Patrick, Esq., Lawyer replied 7 months ago
Patrick, Esq.

Good evening and welcome. I am sorry to hear about this situation. What specifically is your question regarding this matter?

If he dropped her case the same day I mailed the contract and I called his office to ask them to return the contract to sender without opening, shouldn't they have done so.

I think it would be reasonable and expected for the attorney to do as you wished. You could file a complaint with the State Bar and have them investigate, if you'd like. See here to initiate that process.

If I can clarify anything at all for you, please do not hesitate to ask. It is my pleasure to assist you further if necessary....

Was there anything else I can do for yo?