Employment Law

Employment law questions? Ask an employment lawyer.

I need an answer to a motion to dismiss and motion for

Customer Question
I need an answer...

I need an answer to a motion to dismiss and motion for summary judgment. How would I go by dong this

Lawyer's Assistant: Because laws vary from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?

Indianapolis District Office

Lawyer's Assistant: Is the employment agreement "at will," union, full time or part time?

I was a full time and went back into retirement which my separation files was never sent back to the OPM retirement section.

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

OPM made me pay back three years of Insurance because they never forward my files. They kept my TSP contributions and my FERS and Health benefits contributions

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: Employment Law
12/11/2017
Employment Lawyer: Legal Eagle, Lawyer replied 8 months ago
Legal Eagle, Lawyer

Hello! I am a licensed attorney, admitted to practice in state and federal court. I have a nearly 100% satisfaction rating (click here for more info) so all that means is that you can count on me to help today. Because I want to provide you with the most accurate answer possible, do you mind if I take a moment to review your question?

Please keep in mind that our conversation does not include an attorney-client relationship and this is for general information purposes only.

Thanks for your patience. If you are going to be opposing a motion to dismiss and a motion for sj, then you're going to need to ensure that you look at them separately. With the motion to dismiss, you're going to need to see what legal authority they are stating as to why the case should be dismissed. For example, if they are saying that they are dismissing it on jurisdiction, then you should submit an opposition as to why you believe jurisdiction is proper. In addition for the motion for summary judgment, the motion for summary judgment is basically arguing that there are no law or facts in dispute. For example, if it was clear that the contributions were paid back accurately, then they will request that the judge rule in their favor; however, if there is a dispute to the facts or to the law, then you can make that opposition. Sometimes, these are relatively complicated oppositions to make so I'd recommend hiring a skilled attorney to do such a thing.

What other questions did you have for me today?

Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call.
Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.

Hello, I sent you an offer so we can make an appointment for a phone call.