Employment Law

Employment law questions? Ask an employment lawyer.

I was an hired as an LCDCintern at a counseling center feb 2…

Customer Question
I was an hired...

I was an hired as an LCDCintern at a counseling center feb 2 2015 for hired for $16hr. I completer my internship and passed the test for LCDC I was 56 in Feb 3 2016 i got a 10Cent raise.. the new guy hired that 45 days ago was hired at 17.25 hr, he is an intern, and under the age of 40. I want to file a case for age and sex discrimination. can some one help me. Liz Nieman ****************

Lawyer's Assistant: Because employment law varies from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?

Dallas Texas, 75074 LCDC saleries start at 17.25 hr

Lawyer's Assistant: Is the employment agreement "at will," union, full time or part time?

Full time

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

I know nothing about texas law.

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: Employment Law
12/11/2017
Employment Lawyer: N Cal Attorney, Lawyer replied 8 months ago
N Cal Attorney

Thank you for your question.

This does sound like discrimination.

You can get a free consultation from some of the local employment discrimination attorneys listed here.

I hope this information is helpful.