Employment Law

Employment law questions? Ask an employment lawyer.

I am a sears contractor my email was erased by sears

Customer Question
I am a sears...

I am a sears contractor my email was erased by sears manager

Lawyer's Assistant: Because employment law varies from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?

Massachusetts

Lawyer's Assistant: Has anything been filed or reported?

Not yet happened in august 2017

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

Yes the manager could have lost his job if i reported it before he erased it

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: Employment Law
12/11/2017
Employment Lawyer: Marsha411JD, Lawyer replied 8 months ago
Marsha411JD, Lawyer

Thank you for your post, however, in order to assist you I will need more information from you. What kind of email was erased (what was the subject and why does it matter) and from what device (owned by Sears or owned by you)? Also, what is your specific legal question?

sears contract says i had the right to refuse certain work as a contractor the sears manager said i had to do all work assigned to me im not a employee but a contractor and what right does the manager have to erase emails sent to me i thought this was a federal crime like opening someone's mail he erased to avoid getting in trouble

Thank you for your reply, however, it is not completely responsive to my information request. Please reread the information that I am needing in order to assist you and provide just that specific information. Once you do, I can answer your question.