Employment Law

Employment law questions? Ask an employment lawyer.

Myself and two other co workers had emailed our superior…

Customer Question
Myself and two other...

Myself and two other co workers had emailed our superior about another employee slandering our names , and we felt uncomfortable working with her i recieved an email back asking if it was still going on i replied yes, this girl in particular never got suspended a month later i get a text message after being bk at work for one day due to being out the whole week with the flu i recieved a text from my supervisor saying i was suspended no verbal warning no write up that i was suspended, so i respond bk by asking what was i suspended for she never gave me an answer,so i then contact her superior to make him aware of the situation and he had no clue as to why, so he called me the next day to say he still was unsure but she said it was my performance so i still was puzzled bc the day before i had called her to verify my return to work bc i had taken time off to go on a trip but it was cancelled so out of consideration i called my suoervisor to ask if she wanted me to return to work or just keep my replacement on, she stated she'd rather i work my shift so the next day i recieve the text that i was suspended. Which i couldn't understand bc i had just worked the day before so i attend the meeting on that following monday in the meeting it never came up about my performance it was told to me that i intemidated other staff members now mind u i work night shift so im only around the night crue so i asked well who am i supposingly intimidating theyre resoonse was its confidential so i was shocked bc when my co workers and i emailed them they had a meeting with her and disclosed who we were but now im under suspension and its confidential,so i was like well it should be in my write up. Well there was no write up i had another supervisor that was a part of the meeting text me saying oh it was a temporary suspension until we looked into it so i was basically suspended without them knowing facts or truth but the other girl got a warning and still was able to work also i brought ip the facr that one of my co workers hot an evaluation wgen she started after my self and another co worker which we had no knowledge of but shes of a different race also we still havent had our evaluation and i have that in text also so they asked me to go back to work but at this point im uncomfortable embarrassed based on fabrications so i told them i would not go to that facility i asked for a day program she said there were no openings just so i could go back to that house i called the other center they said they were always hiring for days its more u would have to contact me

Lawyer's Assistant: No, you can ask a one off question to try things out. Because employment law varies from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?

Arizona

Lawyer's Assistant: Is the employment agreement "at will," union, full time or part time?

Its not union and its full time

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

That i felt it was unfair workplace and even the people i actually worked with was shocked my sypervisors superior contact my co worker and she confirmed what i said to be true thats why they wanted me to go back to work

Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: Employment Law
12/10/2017
Employment Lawyer: Law Educator, Esq., Attorney replied 4 months ago

Thank you for your question. I look forward to working with you to provide you the information you are seeking for educational purposes only. Please feel free to ignore any phone service request, the expert does not send those unless asked by customer and they are sent by the site automatically.

Are they doing this to you based only on your age/race/sex/disability/national origin?

Have you filed a complaint to your higher supervisors at work and what have they done about this?

Tina, Lawyer