Employment Law

Employment law questions? Ask an employment lawyer.

I had a signed a employment agreement. And didn't realize…

Customer Question
Hi I had a...

Hi I had a signed a employment agreement. And didn't realize what it said until I realized I was being treated unfairly. Now my employer is threathening that I can't doing what I love to do 2 years because it's in our contract..but I had explain my situation to her and why I needed to start and I feel like I got take ln advantage of because I am a single mother and she knew was desperate

Lawyer's Assistant: Because employment law varies from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?

Im in md. My contract says I'm suppose to be working for her a massage therapist. I'm not licensed. She only ask me for proof that im certified she excepted my completion certificate...but doesn't have any Massage license number does this make my contract void.

Lawyer's Assistant: Is the employment agreement "at will," union, full time or part time?

It's says at will

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

I just want to get out of this mistake.

Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: Employment Law
12/10/2017
Employment Lawyer: Damien Bosco, Attorney replied 4 months ago
Damien Bosco
Damien Bosco, Attorney

Hello: My name is ***** ***** I am an attorney.

Just to be clear below is the law:

ALL INDIVIDUALS MUST BE LICENSED BY THE MD STATE BOARD OF MASSAGE THERAPY EXAMINERS BEFORE THE INDIVIDUAL MAY PRACTICE THERAPEUTIC MASSAGE IN THE STATE OF MARYLAND.

ALL INDIVIDUALS MUST BE REGISTERED BY THE MD STATE BOARD OF MASSAGE THERAPY EXAMINERS BEFORE THE INDIVIDUAL MAY PRACTICE NON-THERAPEUTIC MASSAGE IN THE STATE OF MARYLAND.

I am not quite sure what is happening. You are asking whether you can get out of your employment contract? Can you explain what she is claiming? Thanks.

Hello. I have not heard back you. Are you still looking for help on your question? If so, please let me know. Thank you

Tina, Lawyer