Employment Law

Employment law questions? Ask an employment lawyer.

My question is about work place enviroment where possible…

Customer Question
My question is about...

My question is about work place enviroment where possible entrapement false accusation of inapropriate or sexual nature

Lawyer's Assistant: Because employment law varies from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?

NY ny

Lawyer's Assistant: Is the employment agreement "at will," union, full time or part time?

Full time no union

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

90 days notice for no cause termination

Submitted: 6 months ago.Category: Employment Law
12/9/2017
Employment Lawyer: Ray, Employment lawyer replied 6 months ago
Ray, Employment lawyer

Hi and welcome to JA. Ray here to help you today.Please bear with me a few moments while I review your question, conduct and prepare your response.

Do you feel like there is age , or other discrimination here.Thanks.

i already file with HR complaint about discrimination on national origin and their reply that investigation were negative and My behviour need toc hange
the complaint filed was against CEO and other coworker
one of current coworker is acting as if she is disturbed when I walk by her desk or work station

File with EEOC here rather than HR. You may also consider your own civil suit here.

File here

https://www.google.com/search?q=eeoc&ie=utf-8&oe=utf-8&client=firefox-b-1-ab

National origin is a valid area

Employment discrimination based on place of origin or national origin (ethnic) group includes discrimination involving: ... Association: Employment discrimination against an individual because of his association with someone of a particular national origin.Nov 18, 2016

Enforcement Guidance on National Origin Discrimination - EEOC

I appreciate the chance to help you tonight.Thanks again.

If you can positive rate 5 stars it is much appreciated.

i need to keep my job for next 10 months and filing with eeoc going to jeopardize
what is your advice about the womrn behaviour and how to be protected ?

Lawyer to sue here

Lawyer Referral and Information Service
1(###) ###-####br />www.Findalawyernys.org

Need an attorney in NYC? Call(###) ###-####/p>

No you are protected from retaliation here if you file a complaint..

The EEO laws prohibit punishing job applicants or employees for asserting their rights to be free from employment discrimination including harassment. Asserting these EEO rights is called "protected activity," and it can take many forms. For example, it is unlawful to retaliate against applicants or employees for:

• filing or being a witness in an EEO charge, complaint, investigation, or lawsuit
  • communicating with a supervisor or manager about employment discrimination, including harassment
  • answering questions during an employer investigation of alleged harassment
  • refusing to follow orders that would result in discrimination
  • resisting sexual advances, or intervening to protect others
  • requesting accommodation of a disability or for a religious practice
  • asking managers or co-workers about salary information to uncover potentially discriminatory wages.

Participating in a complaint process is protected from retaliation under all circumstances. Other acts to oppose discrimination are protected as long as the employee was acting on a reasonable belief that something in the workplace may violateEEO laws, even if he or she did not use legal terminology to describe it.

what is hapening now is entrapement
how can I protect myself about that ?
if they arrange for sexual harrassement allegation they can fire me and it will not be retaliation

Well get one complaint on file, consider a lawyer to protect you by suing and then claiming retaliation here if they try something.Best you can do to protect yourself.

the complaint to HR has been more that 6 months

You can file with EEOC and still sue.Claim a newer date for the discriminator arguably it is still going on.

can i use the women behaviour as entrapement based on discrimination ?

Yes you can try here.Its a good angle.

one coworker told me that the ceo forced the women to complain and asked her to do it
when I asked the HR that I need to see the complaint,they said you can t
how can I link the women behaviour to discrimination incident ?

File with EEOC they have access to this and can help you here.You can consider a civil suit too lawyer can get it in discovery.

how can I present the women false allegation and inviting behaviours to discrimination complaint ?
they send manager to my office to keep disturbing me and trying to provoke me into angry reactions too

Allege that such complaints exist that they were encouraged to do so.Manager was sent to present such false information and complaints.Don't be afraid to file here and consider a lawyer to sue as well.

if i file another complaint with HR that will not be protective ?

I would file with EEOC the govt is more likely to find in your favor.A lawyer here is great idea too.

I am so sorry they did this to you.I wish you the best. I appreciate rating 5 stars too at top of page.

why the govt will favour me?

They aren't biased like company hr.HR here may be trying to force you out and replace you.HR is not necessarily your friend here.

how can I make them stop,to keep my job for 10 months
they can still terminate without a cause by 90 days notice

Not if you have a lawyer and he backs them off.Lawyer can claim harassment and EEOC discrimination.

if the employee filed that she has concern of my presence around her
can they send me several women coworker flirting with me to see if i will make advances
is this appropriate as a way of investigation ?

No it isn't include this in your complaint they are baiting you.

how ususally HR investigate normally if there was a concern from a women coworker about a male coworker ?
by the way this women initially was acting inviting and happy to chat,wehn I asked her to meet for a coffee she completely start to act as disturbed and other women started to approach me
my feeling they were trying to make a case of harvey weinstein like to find a reason to fire me

I agree again EEOC is more likely to find in your favor here.It sure cannot hurt to file with them.

what if EEOC answered that my claim are not valid
then I will be in very weak position,wheras with HR can I gain 6 months of time?

File with both.EEOC may not be through with this for 6 months, they pull records, interview people,etc.

from my experience with HR and this employer located in rural area,any employee will sell himself to keep his job and will say any lie if ceo ask him to defend him

I hope you will keep complaining here and consider a local lawyer here as well.

I wish you the best with all.Thanks for letting me help you.

what are things i can list in my complaint:defamation,entrapement,discrimination ?

National origin, age discrimination if you are 40 and over.Entrapment discrimination based on national origin.

If you accept here I will answer any questions you have.Thanks.

the additional 50 dollars was not listed when we started

This is per question site here, I am not trying to cut you off but I have answered multiple questions , if you want to keep chatting will be happy to do so.Thanks again.

If you can positive rate 5 stars always much appreciated, good luck to you.