Employment Law

Employment law questions? Ask an employment lawyer.

I was insured under my ex-wife's company Ins. We got

Customer Question
Hi, I was insured...

Hi, I was insured under my ex-wife's company Ins. We got divorced on 9/25/17. On 10/21/17 I fell, badly fracturing my left femur. On 10/24, my ex called her employer, TD Bank, and had me removed from her Insurance. I have surgery and wind up in an extended rehab unit, with No Insurance and No home (My ex got the house). I feel I got screwed by the Ins. Co. not offering COBRA IN A TIMELY Manner.

Lawyer's Assistant: Because employment law varies from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?

My name is*****: Is the employment agreement "at will," union, full time or part time?

My wife's employment?

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

I think Full-time

Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: Employment Law
New Jersey is my state.
12/9/2017
Employment Lawyer: legalgems, Lawyer replied 4 months ago
legalgems
legalgems, Lawyer
I am very sorry to hear this, as that sounds very painful then having to deal with financial concerns.The employer does not have a duty in regards ***** ***** rather the party gerring divorced must notify the employer of the triggering event and then the employer would be required to issue advisement about cobra eligibility.
The party does have 60 days to elect coverage. For relevant information including time lines and eligibility please seehttps://www.google.com/url?sa=t&source=web&rct=j&url=https://www.dol.gov/sites/default/files/ebsa/about-ebsa/our-activities/resource-center/faqs/cobra-continuation-health-coverage-consumer.pdf&ved=0ahUKEwjyqJPE1_vXAhUswYMKHaZ5DJMQFggdMAA&usg=AOvVaw3a6NaQPtJITdEmdPTR2S8G

Hello again; just checking in to see how things worked out;

If you have no further questions a positive rating is most appreciated (at no additional cost to you) and allows the site to credit my account for the time spent assisting you!

if you have further questions please don't hesitate to reach out to me here on Just Answerand I will do my best to get you the requested information.
Thanks!

The above information is for educational purposes only. A consultation with a private attorney is recommended so they can apply the law to your specific facts, and suggest the best course of action. An attorney can be located here:
http://www.americanbar.org/groups/public_education/public-information/how-do-i-find-a-lawyer-.html
Terms of service can be viewed here:
http://ww2.justanswer.com/terms-service-0#information

legalgems
legalgems
legalgems, Lawyer