Employment Law

Employment law questions? Ask an employment lawyer.

I am wondering what my rights are. I was physicaly assaulted…

Customer Question
Hello, I am wondering...

Hello, I am wondering what my rights are. I was physicaly assaulted at work yesterday by a fellow employee. I went straight to HR, they sent us both home and stated there will be an investigation. Today, returned to work, and after 7 hours working near the person who assaulted me, HR called me in, they concluded this would be a warning for him since it was a first offense

Lawyer's Assistant: Because employment law varies from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?

Salem Oregon

Lawyer's Assistant: Is the employment agreement "at will," union, full time or part time?

Full time

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

I don't believe so

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Employment Law
12/9/2017
Employment Lawyer: LegalKnowledge, Attorney replied 7 months ago
LegalKnowledge, Attorney

Hi! I will be the professional that will be helping you today. I look forward to providing you with information to help with your question and concern

Good afternoon. What did this person do? Was a police report filed?