Employment Law

Employment law questions? Ask an employment lawyer.

I want to know how to get UI after being off and filing on…

Customer Question
I want to know...

I want to know how to get UI after being laid off and filing on time but the emploer said I was still employed when EDD called them.

Lawyer's Assistant: Because employment law varies from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?

Calif The employer is filing bankruptcy and has no money

Lawyer's Assistant: Is the employment agreement "at will," union, full time or part time?

I was part time I was offered to leave or stay on payroll and they would try to get me a few hours a week we all filed unemployment and said we would leave and look for other work. They left us on the payroll never removed anyone just never offered any work, I was asked to remove my tools the day we were all notified that the fires in No.cal ruined the business. I am a welder I cant even work there without my tools and their welder which is gone. The owners wife is a lawyer are we being cheated.

Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: Employment Law
12/8/2017
Employment Lawyer: Infolawyer, Lawyer replied 4 months ago
Infolawyer, Lawyer
You can contest their position by showing you had no work time then and not paid for those days. Also employer has burden of proving their claim.You want to prepare your case by creating a time line starting from the earliest event. For each event, write down key details and witnesses and if there is a document that relates to it, save it and refer to it. This timeline can be very valuable in narrating your case and presenting it later in a concrete and specific way.Please let me know if the reply is acceptable by responding “yes” or “acceptable”
Tina, Lawyer