Employment Law

Employment law questions? Ask an employment lawyer.

I was recently terminated from my job. I believe that I was…

Customer Question
Hello, I was recently...

Hello, I was recently terminated from my job. I believe that I was wrongfully terminated. I live in Arizona which I know is a right to work state but, I have several text messages and witnesses to substantiate that I was being sexually harassed

Lawyer's Assistant: Because employment law varies from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?

Arizona

Lawyer's Assistant: Is the employment agreement "at will," union, full time or part time?

Full time

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: Employment Law
12/8/2017
Employment Lawyer: Roy Hadavi,
 replied 8 months ago
Roy Hadavi

Hi. My name is ***** ***** I am a licensed attorney with extensive labor law experience. I would be happy to provide assistance. Please keep in mind that our conversation does not include an attorney-client relationship and this is for general information purposes only.

I am sorry to hear that you were terminated from your job, it is never easy to lose your job suddenly.

Answer: There are two options in this scenario:

1. File a claim with the Civil Rights Division of the Arizona Attorney General's Office by clicking here; or
  2. File a claim with the Equal Employment Opportunity Commission (EEOC) by clicking here.

Either option will allow you to get the assistance of a government entity in determining if you have a claim against your former employer.

Rating & Additional Questions: Thank you so much for allowing me to help you with your question. I have done my best to provide information which fully addresses your question. If you have any follow-up or clarification questions, please do not rate my service. Please ask me as many questions as you need, until you feel I have earned an excellent rating. There is no additional fee. If I have fully answered your question(s) to your satisfaction, I would appreciate you rating my service (hopefully Excellent/5 stars!) at the top of the screen. Otherwise, I receive no credit for assisting you today. I thank you in advance for taking the time to provide me a positive rating! A BONUS is also appreciated if you feel I've earned one today.