Employment Law

Employment law questions? Ask an employment lawyer.

I am being forced to resign. I have a coworker that has

Customer Question
I am being forced...

I am being forced to resign. I have a coworker that has continuously railroaded me with patients when handling their scheduling processes, I have received several complaints about her from patients and coworkers since hired in September. Today I had to report an incident with her because the patient wanted to speak to the owner. Had I not reported, I would've broken company policy. This same employee would do or say things to belittle me and make me feel insecure in my work to the point it has caused me undo stress. This afternoon after reporting said incident, I was told my "serices" were no longer needed, it would be in my best interest and future indeavors if I resigned. I checked company policy it states if "asked" to resign it to give 10 days notice. My boss sent me a premade letter dated with the resignation dated for today. Which implys It starts today, when i worked today.. I don't know what to do . What about the 10 days.If i don't resign, they are firing me. On top of that, I was told by a coworker, she announced I left before i even resigned! Is that even legal?

Lawyer's Assistant: Because employment law varies from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?

I am in texas And I have cancer, and I am on treatment, she knows this. I have never been written up or had a complaint. when asked the reason for this, she refused and answer

Lawyer's Assistant: Is the employment agreement "at will," union, full time or part time?

At will i think. idk

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

Yep at will

Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: Employment Law
Answered in 1 minute by:
12/8/2017
Employment Lawyer: Infolawyer, Lawyer replied 4 months ago
Infolawyer, Lawyer
You do not need to resign. You are in effeect being pushed out and can pursue a claim against the employer.You want to prepare your case by creating a time line starting from the earliest event. For each event, write down key details and witnesses and if there is a document that relates to it, save it and refer to it. This timeline can be very valuable in narrating your case and presenting it later in a concrete and specific way.martindale.com and findlaw.com are both excellent lookup directories. Both highly rated. Both used by lawyers. Easy to search and find local options.By being prepared and pressing your claim, the other side should feel the pressure and consider the risk of losing and legal fees. That realization can help bring about a settlement!Please let me know if the reply is acceptable by responding “yes” or “acceptable”
I can create timelines, and do that, but they deleted all my passwords, everything. I have no access to anything, to have evidence to prove. Just my word. Gchats to my Project manager, would have to be subpoenaed through gmail. That is the email system they use. This is a remote job, from home. If I don't reply she will fire me. How do I prove this with just my word. I have stage 4 breast cancer. I work from home now because it is more beneficial to me. I can't afford to pay an attorney to sue them. How does that work. The company lawyer made it sound like she was threatening me if I did not resign. Who hell does that to a Cancer patient and employee with 2 kids at CHRISTMAS. The employee handbook says may resign with 10 working days prior to effective date. She dated it for today. That makes me look like I am breaking policy.
page 9
A lawyer can negotiate based on what you recall. Their records could be obtained by litigation. Subpoena and discovery demands can issue!
if I can elaborate on anything, just ask me.
Please let me know if the reply is acceptable by responding “yes” or “acceptable”
Please select the 5 star (*****) rating on your page for the answer. Happy Holidays!
Awaiting your reply, thank you!
if I can elaborate on anything, just ask me.Please do not forget to leave positive feedback by clicking on the 5 stars at the top of your page, as experts are not employees of the site and do not get any credit for spending time with customers unless they leave positive feedback. Thank you.
Infolawyer, Lawyer