Employment Law

Employment law questions? Ask an employment lawyer.

I would like to know if I am entitled to any assistance with…

Customer Question
I would like to know...
I would like to know if I am entitled to any assistance with my current situation. I am unemployed and struggling with Alcoholism. I was in 7 rehabs in the past 2 years. The last one was 11/20/17-11/27/17. I am applying for NJ Snap (food stamps) since I have NO income. I am currently seeing a psychiatrist. I've been to a 90 day inpatient rehab, 6 months in an outpatient program. I am not eligible for unemployment. My last job I worked from 10/1/17-11/17/17. I relapsed and went back for treatment 11/20/17. I informed my job and when I came out was told I was terminated. I'd like to know of any or all programs available to assist me that I can sign up for. Please let me know so I can sign up asap. Thank you.
Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Employment Law
12/7/2017
Employment Lawyer: legalgems, Lawyer replied 7 months ago
legalgems
legalgems, Lawyer
I am sorry to hear this. Are you referencing government subsidized programs for low income residents?
I have no current income. I have no idea when i am entitled to and what I am not entitled to.
Thank you. Most of NJ focuses on assistance for minors but here is a list of programshttps://www.benefits.gov/benefits/browse-by-state/state/171If you contact the local department of human services they can assist with the application and advise of any new pilot programs.
SSDI typically is not available for addictions which is not very logical. Please seehttps://www.ssa.gov/OP_Home/cfr20/416/416-0935.htm
the second link, how do i sign up for it?
The link is belowhttps://www.ssa.gov/benefits/disability/One can apply online, via phone or in person at a social security office. Good luck to you!
I'm only 35 social security does not apply to me. Is there any other options for me?

That link is to social security disability which is not based on age, but is based on disability.

Other than the above unfortunately I could not locate any other programs. But if you make an appointment with the department as mentioned above they will have you fill out an application and there may be some pilot programs for which you qualify:

http://www.state.nj.us/humanservices/clients/welfare/

Further questions? Please post here to continue the chat.

Satisfied? Kindly rate positively so I receive credit for assisting you. I hope that you feel I have earned

5 stars 🌟🌟🌟🌟🌟*****

as I strive to provide my customers with great service. ☺️

(no additional charges are incurred).

Information provided is for educational purposes only. Consultation with a personal attorney is always recommended so your particular facts may be considered. The terms addressing this can be viewed here:

http://ww2.justanswer.com/terms-service-0#information

Thank you and take care.

Hello again; just checking in to see how things worked out;

If you have no further questions a positive rating is most appreciated (at no additional cost to you) and allows the site to credit my account for the time spent assisting you!

if you have further questions please don't hesitate to reach out to me here on Just Answerand I will do my best to get you the requested information.
Thanks!

The above information is for educational purposes only. A consultation with a private attorney is recommended so they can apply the law to your specific facts, and suggest the best course of action. An attorney can be located here:
http://www.americanbar.org/groups/public_education/public-information/how-do-i-find-a-lawyer-.html
Terms of service can be viewed here: