Employment Law

Employment law questions? Ask an employment lawyer.

My employer says that I signed up for an FSA dependent care…

Customer Question
My employer says that I...
My employer says that I signed up for an FSA dependent care account, instead of the Medical Care account I intended on signing up for. I say the deduction on my pay stub, listed as FSA-Dependent, but thought that meant that I could use that money to pay for health care expenses for my dependents. It wasn't until this month when I got my medical claims rejected that I became are of the error. The benefit administrator company says that my employer can make the change, but my employer is refusing because I have children in the age range. I live in Massachusetts and work full time. I made this elections in January for 2017, because I started work with this imployer on December 5, 2016. What can I do to get my money back?
Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: Employment Law
My employer is based in Massachusetts, USA.
12/7/2017
Employment Lawyer: Infolawyer, Lawyer replied 4 months ago
Infolawyer, Lawyer
Greetings! I am a legal expert on the site and am working on your question.
To be clear employer made a mistake and misled you and now won’t correct the error?I can suggest some options. would you like that information? please let me know and i will put it together and respond shortly. You can wait or come back later when we email you that a reply is ready. Thanks for your patience. This is not the answer. just an opening question so I can better focus the answer and make it more helpful.
Tina, Lawyer